Veoneer is seeking a Safety Assessor to become an integral part of our growing team. This role will help to assure the functional safety of Veoneer’s automotive products in advanced driver/autonomous driver applications. The System assessor engineer will work in close cooperation with cross functional development team to ensure the safety of our products that are developed using leading-edge technologies.
The safety assessor will perform various confirmation measures according to the requirements of ISO 26262 including incremental safety assessments at strategic points in the development life cycle. The safety assessor will be responsible for assessing products, communicating the results and supporting the development teams in the resolution of any findings. The assessor will maintain objectivity regarding assessments yet have a collaborative manner that enables an increased culture of safety within the development teams.
• Preparation and planning of incremental confirmation measures for all safety-critical Veoneer products.
• Performing incremental functional safety assessments and confirmation reviews according to Veoneer guideline for functional safety confirmation measures.
• Alignment and reporting of the results incrementally to the project to support an understanding of the findings and create action items for the findings.
• Supporting the definition of a proactive risk management strategy to highlight residual risks in earlier phase of development to help Veoneer projects to close them.
• Support management for SOP approval process by providing a final judgement to functional safety achieved by the product.
• Cooperation and support of other corporate safety members and their activities related to process development/improvement and trainings.
• Supporting improvement and alignment of different types of confirmation measures between quality and functional safety.
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements:
⬧ Bachelors’ degree in engineering discipline, Master’s degree is a plus
⬧ Expert knowledge of Functional Safety theory and ISO 26262, certification preferred
⬧ 5+ years relevant work experience in safety-related automotive product development
⬧ Strong technical leadership, collaboration, planning and organizational skills
⬧ Ability to work independently and make decisions confidently
⬧ Ability to work under pressure
⬧ The ability to communicate and present complex ideas to peers, management and customers.
⬧ Good risk management skills, weighing development effort against added value and safety against availability.
⬧ Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, motivating teams into problem-solving.
⬧ Ability to work in a complex matrix organization with intercultural members.
⬧ Fluent in spoken and written English
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and outside contacts